How I Write My Blog Posts

Hey Guys, welcome back to my blog! Recently I was thinking of some blog-post ideas and I thought why not share with you all HOW I make my posts?! So today, I'll tell you my whole procedure and share some quick tips of my own. Before starting, I would like to thank you all for your excellent response to my post Nominated for Mystery Blogger Award😊 It became my most famous post of 2021! Thank you all, and thanks Ivy for the nomination! Now let's get started, without my normally LONG INTRO!


The FIVE steps I follow for making my posts are:

The Basic Idea
Getting Creative (Typing)
Images- the Spices!
Schedule, Labels and Techie-jobs
Publish and Furnish

Let's be a little detailed on these topics, but I'll try to keep them short ;)

1. The Basic Idea

All the content you see on my blog started with a blueprint in my mind. I imagine of what words I'll include in the post, the catchy lines, and the headings I would use. After I've made my mind, I make a REALLY ROUGH draft in a notebook. It includes only the beginning lines and the names of every topic. 


Then I put the rough draft onto my blogger homepage. If I'm not sure of what topics to include, I prefer writing your draft post as an essay, then divide it at the end :)

Quick Tip: When the "New Post" button is clicked, ensure not to leave the draft for too long. For me, if the draft becomes nearly a week-old, I forget the content which I would write!

2. Getting Creative (Typing)

Okay, so  as you know, this is the major part for blogging. For me, I first type everything I can think of, related to the topic. But all the lines can NOT be good, that's why I remove the not-so-perfect lines before posting. Then, an important step would be to ensure the grammar is correct. Either I check it manually, or through a website Word Counter.

After the complete text is ready, I check the alignments, font style and text sizes. Then is the time to get creative! I roughly go through the paras and add hi-lights, italics, bolds, etc. There are some portions of text which I want to emphasize, so I put them in CAPITAL or BOLD. (Or both, like this one!)



Quick Tip: Use emojis to add a zing to the reading part. They might also help the reader know how you're feeling inside!

3. Images-The Spices!

If you've read my post How To Write An Effective Blog Post, I have talked of how important the images are for our blog. It has been a personal experience of mine that my posts with less than three images get comparatively lesser views than others. That makes images a MUST-HAVE for a blog to blow up, right?

Since I have talked so much about images in my above-linked post, you can go through it too😊

Quick Tip: If you want your images to not be used by anyone else, then try adding a copyright symbol and your website within the image. This can be done by any photo-editing app like Canva, Photoshop or Snapseed.

4. Schedule, Labels and Techie-jobs

While writing a post in blogger, you can see the techie stuff in the right side of the screen. I give them complete attention before publishing ANY of my posts. One of the most important things is "Search Description". If you already know it, brilliant! Otherwise, it's never too late ;) 

Well, we use the Search Description to add a small part of our post in that text-box. This is important because the text you add here gets visible in google search. Like this: 




And the second important thing for me is the 'schedule'. More professional bloggers publish posts on a VERY FIXED schedule, but you know, I'm not one😉. I still use it to put a fixed timing to my posts. I know the rest of the options in blogger are so common that everyone knows it better!!

5. Publish and Furnish

After everything is done, I'm left with a one-second job: Clicking the Publish button. One second, right? 

Probably not.. Becoz after publishing, I open my website and SEE how my post turns out. There are many corrections that I notice only after my post is published; so it is important for me to re-check my published post. Once or twice might be enough (but some mistakes just don't stop from happening!)

Let me tell you an example: In my Second Collab, I put up a picture of 'happy new year' with an amazingly silly mistake! Instead of "Buh-bye 2020", I wrote "Buh-buy 2020"! It was my friend who told me the error and I corrected it...after FOUR days😂

Conclusion:

All right, so this was my process of writing a blog post. I really feel so happy to share it with you all. I wanted to write this post MONTHS AGO but who would've read it back then?! I was hardly getting 50 views/week.

And I have a good news too: Brighter Alleys has crossed the 15k views mark on Blogger! Thanks to all of you💓 Hope you keep enjoying this blog, and I keep enjoying writing for you :)

Cheers,

Gauri

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Thanks for the tips Gauri! I actually started using Canva only after reading your post on how to write an effective blog post 😊😊.
    I agree that one has to THOROUGHLY check the post before publishing, to avoid unnecessary mistakes 😜.
    Congratulations for surpassing 15k views!! You are such a proficient blogger! Kudos🎉🎉✨🎊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to hear that my advice helped!

      And thanks a lot Maith for the appreciation, wish you greater success than me:))

      Delete
  2. Firstly Congrats for crossing 15k views, you'll succeed more in life for sure (sending good wishes) and Secondly I love your blogs and the positive vibes they give.No stopping now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Smeeha, I too enjoy your post :)

      Just that you weren't posting for some time now, I was waiting for you to be active again!!

      Delete
  3. Nice post dud and congrats.
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so refreshing. Even with your new schoolwork load,(like you said in your post) I hope you keep the awesome posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa ;) Yes, I too wish to continue blogging (but exams are the big guys who always come in the way!)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! But positive vibes only😉