How to Write an Effective Blog Post : The Only Tips You Need

Hey Guys, if you are a blogger, or are interested to become one, then this post is a must-read! I'll be discussing with you guys some of the MOST IMPORTANT tips while blogging. I'm a blogger myself, and I've learnt quite a lot of things since I started. I'm sharing the tips that I have learnt from my experience. They have been extremely helpful for me, and perhaps they'll be helpful for you too. 


This post had been asked to me by Maya (a blogger herself), in the comment section of my previous post, Best Lockdown Moments. So if you too wish for a particular post, you can tell in the comments box.

Now getting into the topic, THE ONLY TIPS YOU NEED TO WRITE AN EFFECTIVE BLOG POST:

1. A Blog is Unique Only When The Blogger Makes It!

The topic is as true as it sounds! We should always have our own ideas to write on our blog. Writing things we don't really know about will never benefit us. Ask me, I have been through this! I had once got a list of "blog-post topics" from a website, and I wrote my posts based on that list! 

I did not really enjoy writing my posts those days, moreover, a list will end someday, then what would we write next? That's the reason we should have our own ideas to write on our blog. If we are not really sure what we'll post next, then we can't really write an effective post. 

Also, our post should be under our niche- whether it's a lifestyle or a travel blog.  If we don't post under some specific topics, we could end up turning our blog into a magazine!

2. The Three P's of Blogging: Plan, Prepare, Proceed

Making a schedule for blogging might be the best thing you can do to be consistent. But sometimes, it happens that a schedule might put pressure on us. Yeah, that CAN happen. 

So, what I prefer for myself is to NOT MAKE A SCHEDULE. Instead, what I do is to note down all the topics I'll to write that month. When I have a rough plan for the whole month, I can be nice to myself and write without pressure.


But the topic isn't gonna be the whole post! We need to write something (good) under that topic. So here's the third tip to write an interesting post:

3. If You Don't Enjoy Your Post, Your Readers Won't Too

Imagine I write a travel experience on my blog, with a lot of grammatical errors, and without any pictures- only text - all in a single paragraph. Would anybody like it? 

Not even me! I would simply scroll to the bottom to check out for comments. If my post can't engage me, then I shouldn't expect others to find it engaging. As simple as it sounds!

Here's a tip to quickly check if our post is up to the mark: We should try to re-read your whole post, at least once to make sure that we don't find it boring. 



Note that an interesting post can't be written in a matter of minutes - they require time. Also, sitting for four hours straight isn't the right choice.  I can get too saturated and end up writing nonsense. That's why I prefer completing my posts in two-three days, so that I feel fresh all time (and write posts that are FRESH!) 

4. Images: They are the Spices for your Blog!

If you've written a beautiful post, make sure you aren't missing this one thing- IMAGES. Like spices improve the taste of our food, images improve the taste of our blog! They shouldn't be missed, because we don't want our readers to be bored while reading our blog.

You might've experienced that the books with more, coloured images seem to be more attractive than image-less textbooks. Do the same for your blog- add pictures! If you remember the quote, a picture is worth a thousand words!


If you have read my posts, you must be knowing that I add two-three pictures in all my posts. Most of the images are designed by me, but I also use stock images, like this one in my post. 

Like many other bloggers, I too use the app called 'Canva' to create my designs. Click this link to join CanvaIf you create an account using the link I'm giving you, both of us will get a premium icon for free; that's a win-win! But it's completely your choice to use this link or not.

When adding images, just keep in mind they are related to the very previous paragraph; or if you are putting an image related the whole post, you could preferably put it in the very beginning. That was just my suggestion.

Cartoons, GIFs, Stock Images - whatever you like better could be added. Images also make our blog colourful and lively, and is much better than just a heap of words. And who doesn't like to have a break from the text part?!! 

5. Have a Conversation

Writing your blog in a conversational style is a simple yet effective way to get familiar with the readers. Do you remember that at the beginning of this post, I had asked my readers to comment their post ideas? I wrote it there because I wanted everyone to feel that I REALLY read their comments. 

The readers don't know us that well, but by writing in a conversational style, we can somewhat connect our readers. Asking questions to our readers, or starting the sentences with "Can you guess....." or "Do you......?" type of phrases is really a great idea. I don't know if I always follow them, but yeah, wherever I get a chance, I do.

Summary

So we have now reached the bottom of this post. I'll summarize my tips in a few sentences. You won't be bored, I promise!

1. Choose the blog topics which you can write on. You should not prefer a topic that you are unfamiliar with. Also, you should try to write posts under your specific niche.

2. While blogging you should try to be consistent. Think of all the topics you would write that month and write it on a paper. 

3. While writing a post, take your time. There's nothing to rush for. Read your post at least once, to see that you don't find it boring.

4. To add life to your posts, try adding a few images to it. It gives a break from the text part- and that's really a great idea.

5. Write a post which makes the user feel familiar with you. Talk with the readers, use conversational sentences; ask them a question and tell them to reply through the comment box.

Hope you liked it guys! Comment to let me know if my experience-based tips were helpful for your blog. And there's a share button on the screen: use that!! That's all for this post. See you in the next one!

Cheers,

Gauri

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Aah! Thanks for these tips, Gauri, really enjoyed reading it! I'm definitely going to incorporate these into my next posts!

    Maya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice that you enjoyed it. Waiting for your next posts Maya :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So well written! Very helpful thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome dear. I just checked out your blog, it's so cool!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your useful tips, Gauri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! Where did you get your theme from? It's really cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 'the Wanderer'! I have provided the link to my current theme in the footer (very bottom of this page).

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for these tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, and the previous comment which is by "Unknown" is me.(Evin) I forgot to add my name next to the comment
    ~Evin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really informative blog post, Gauri! And you're right about the images, 'cause they were one of the reasons I got drawn to your blog.

    My blog is a teen lifestyle blog, too. But many times I wonder if anyone wants to read what I write. I started blogging in June 2021, and have only gotten comments for just ONE of my posts!

    I hope you can do a blog post on what and what not to do to get more views to one's blog. (Especially as I feel that only a few people really care about teen lifestyle blogs these days).

    Hope for a response,
    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! But positive vibes only😉