School Reopening + My Thoughts On It

Hey Guys, welcome back to my blog! Yes, I did not post for the last two weeks. I had started to believe that I am not going to blog anymore! But I felt I was missing something for these fifteen days. I was missing those comments, those graphics I designed, and those post-titles which I would think for hours!


But you see, I am back! I am back from a short break of mine. I felt this break was longer than a year! Honestly, I think I really love blogging, as it is my hobby and a really satisfying job. I think blogging is a medium to express, what do you think about blogging?

Well, there's a big reason for me writing this post: My schools are gonna reopen! Obviously it has no relationship with writing a blog post but this notice has filled me with enormous energy. So much energy that I could dance all day💃Wow, there's an emoji for dancing!

My schools are opening next week and I haven't done any preparation yet. I didn't even check if my uniform is eaten by mice! I don't have mice at my home, just joking. I was given the notice of school reopening this very day, so I decided to remember this great day forever...



I can't wait to see my friends, all in two braids and a uniform. I'll see them physically! Also, I would get to sit on those lovely blue chairs of my class; they are of iron, with wooden seats and we often used them to make unusual noises in a free period! Okay, so we'll have them back😎 

I also missed the assembly prayers, when the students had to stand for the longest ten minutes of their life! I can't wait to get those feelings back✌

Okay, so after a VERY VERY long introduction and feeling-spill, here's what this post is about: (I know I didn't mention this in the title😃)

Looking Back to Online Classes:


So online classes comprised the most of my class eighth. And they were not at all SAME as offline classes. I was more tired and unmotivated for attending the online classes. I was also more unwilling to pay attention in the class. This must have been the condition of many other students too, but I had no communication with them. So, I felt I was the only one feeling this way.

Well, this is my online classes divided into two parts:

1. The Boring Part:

I think 70% of my online classes were boring and wearisome. I had classes in the morning as well as evening. Like it was 11 to 1 pm and then 5 to 6 in the evening. I was so pumped up those days! Like, I had to give attention for 60 minutes straight, then I had to wish that the wifi keeps working😩 And added to that, was spending an hour on screen with earphones plugged deep into the ear-caves (holes?!).


Also, I used to have online tests, which were just all-MCQs with no security check! And security check means "no one ever checked if there was cheating going on". It was like a formality, and students who never cheat in exams (like me😁) were the only stressed guys. We had to learn things, and still accept the fact that others might get much more marks. 

2. The Awesome Part

I kept the better part at last, so that you and I don't end up with a negative thought! I had some fun in the online classes too. Like I had shared an incident in my post My Best Lockdown Moments Part 2, I had become the host of my online class for quite a long time! There were other times when teachers' net would go off and other children became hosts. Some of my classmates were smart enough to "unmute all participants" and "play some background music" during their host-ship!




I also heard someone turning their TV on and then showing us a scene from Tom and Jerry! 

Once it was our teachers' kid who was interrupting the class. He must've been six or seven years old and was too curious to see how his dad was taking a class! Our teacher had to turn his mic off for a while (to probably scold that kid away😂).

Sometimes, there were some "obedient" kids "unmuted throughout the class". The teachers wanted them to represent the rest of the muted community. But these "obedient kids" sometimes had quirky voices in their background, like the voice of a lady scolding someone, the sound of a man asking his servant to buy ten packets of soaps, and so on. 

Even I was unmuted one day, and my mom just very loudly said "Would you like to have some laddus?" I saw EVERYONE laughing in the online class and my teacher replied: "Bring some laddus to me too". I knew I had to laugh momentarily, but then I switched my mic and video off to frown a bit. At the end, I was happy to be the cause of laughter!

The Conclusion:

You see, this was all for today's post. Can you think I wrote this post in a single day? Because all my posts take two to four days to be written. But this post was written on such an exciting time, that I had all my energy levels filled. I also enjoyed the fact that I have not ended blogging, nor would I want to!

But just to bring to notice, I have my exams arriving in twenty days. Yeah, that's a lot of time to prepare! But I don't know if I would be regular at blogging, like how I was for the past three months. But I know, my lovely readers would always welcome my post, no matter when I post. Isn't that right?  Hopefully it is🌟

Well, are your schools opening too? And how do you feel for that? Were your online classes were awesome? Wow, you adapted to the new normal! Tell me then, in the comments box. 

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Of course we would welcome your posts, Gauri, they always brighten up our day!! I wish our school would open too—fingers crossed it will! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maya, that means a lot! And I have my fingers crossed for COVID not spreading in schools!

      Delete
  2. So nice to see you back in the blogosphere Gauri! This was the perfect post. My school is yet to reopen but I am pretty nervous and excited to go back. All the best for your exams 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maith :) Yeah, I'm excited too (just a bittttttt nervous to see if my friends have grown in height!!)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Adarsh, thanks for being so polite to me☺. However I would deny again, as I am not doing any collabs or interviews for now. My last collab was in 2020. Now, I preferably write just individual posts.

      I had a contact page before, but then I got it removed for THIS very reason. Hope you understand 😉

      Gauri

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Gauri! I would be nervous about going to school again too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and all the best! Are yours opening too?

      Delete
    2. Our schools have been open since August. However, we have in person students and virtual this year. And I am doing virtual so I haven't gone back in person since Covid first started.

      Delete
    3. Oh, that's a safer choice of yours, great!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! But positive vibes only😉