My Best Lockdown Moments Part 2

Hey Guys, I'm delighted that you found this blog! You might've read my post My Best Lockdown Moments. There I had promised to write a part two, and here it is! If you haven't read the previous part, that totally fine, because this post is not linked with that one. But I would still prefer that you read the first part....okay, I'll remind you at the end of this post. 


I think I should go to the main topic now; I shouldn't waste any time of yours! I'm really excited for this post, not only because it has refreshed my memories but also because my readers chose it through my Survey

Okay, let's begin talking about my Best Lockdown Moments:

1. My Brother-Turned-Chef

This incident is from the month of June or probably July. Everyone around me: my friends and my mom's friends were interested in cooking some 'restaurant-food' at home. People cooking something or the other. I remember that all the pics I saw on Whatsapp that month were of food items! 

Seeing everyone else's whatsapp status, we too decided to cook some 'tasty' food. The food which we were missing the most those days was PIZZA. Online delivery was shut, restaurants were closed, and even shops which sold pizza base were closed! So there wasn't that big chance of our desire to be fulfilled. 

But my big bro was so determined, that he decided to make a pizza himself. The big deal here was that he had to first prepare a pizza base! Thanks to Youtube, a very beautiful video helped him do that. Later, my mom and he together prepared the pizza toppings.



I don't really know the whole process of how he and mom prepared the pizza. That's bcoz I was sleeping that time! After watching him make the base, I had gone sleeping. And when I woke up, I was finally served the hot pizza! That was yummy!

2. We cooked a Spicy Cake! 

In the part one of this post, I had promised to tell about the story of the second cake. I'm writing it over here, and it will (officially) complete this "Cake Story". If you already read that one, you'll feel quite familiar to this topic, but if not, that's okay! Just keep reading, I'll remind you to check out the first part afterwards:

Well, spicy cake sounds like a paradox, doesn't it? And my mom and I did not want to bake a spicy cake! It became spicy due to a little mistake of ours. We had seen how the previous cake (which I had baked with my brother) went wrong. Now, we considered ourselves to be experienced!

We believed that we should try baking the cake in some other way, and the "baking cake in cooker" idea was popular back then. So we too decided to bake a cake that way! And this time, we also decided to bake an eggless-vanilla less-flour less cake!



Wait, what? We had planned to make cake out of biscuit-pieces! I know this is the weirdest idea we had, but lockdown forced us to do so (or probably our cake-baking skills forced us!) And when we finished baking the "cooker cake", and tasted it, we realised that some biscuit pieces were actually spicy! Uhhh....

I definitely don't recommend this idea to anyone, please learn from my mistake! While eating that cake, we all were laughing at our foolishness, and I was promised that we'll have a REAL cake-party after lockdown!

3. I became the Zoom Host in my Online Class!

I kept the best one for the end! Becoming the zoom host is a common incident during online classes. If a teacher's internet goes off, any random student gets to be the host of the class. This lasts for a few minutes and the teacher is back. But in my case, it lasted for longer than expected...

I was the (g)host of my online class for twenty-five minutes! Definitely my teacher's internet ditched her quite long! 

So, it was my History Class, and an interesting chapter was going on (yeah, it was somewhat interesting). But suddenly she was out of the class, and some "random" student became the host. No, it wasn't me yet! When that random student became too scared of the responsibility, she left the meeting-and I became the new host! 

It was my first time, so yeah, my heart started beating faster and I too became scared. But a few minutes later, I was cooled down and thought to have some fun. Let's make some use of time! So, I "allowed all participants to unmute themselves" and "allowed all participants to chat privately"



My classmates started shouting like MAD! I still remember a guy played Despacito on his mobile! Everyone was laughing, singing, shouting; even I started howling weirdly in the class! It felt as if everyone had regained their long-lost energy!! 

It was the coolest online-class incident, EVER!

The End (Reminder+Request)

Okay, I promised to remind you to read this post: My Best Lockdown Moments. Click the phrase and you reach there! Come on, you surely have a little more time, don't you?! 

And if you haven't conducted the survey yet, DO IT NOW! It will hardly take a minute, or maybe less than that! It would help me get your opinions, and in turn, improve Brighter Alleys.

What food did you make in lockdown? Did you spoil a cake too? Any memorable incident from your online classes? Tell me in the comment box! I would love to hear from you 😄


Cheers,

Gauri

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hey, that was a great post! I saw you mention 'Tasty', and I was wondering if you were talking about Tasty from BuzzFeed (a recipe website and app) because I love that website so much! I get a lot of recipes from there.😉

    Anyway, your last story about you little Zoom incident was really funny! Thanks for sharing! I've made so much food in lockdown! I made A LOT of meringue cookies and sourdough bread, of course.😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I forgot to mention this is Miriam from Inside Miriam's Mind (https://insidemiriamsmind.wordpress.com/)😃

      Delete
    2. Hey Miriam! Thanks! No, I wasn't really talking about the 'tasty' website (but will check it out now!) And you made meringue cookies?! They MUST be so delicious! Merry Christmas in advance <3

      Delete
  2. Nice post ,Gauri.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! But positive vibes only😉