Dear 20 year old Gauri...

Hey Guys, you're once again welcome to my blog! I am very excited to write today's post, which is a letter to an older version of me. I am fourteen right now, and I guess things will quite change when I'll be twenty- I might be in a hostel, at least I will be no longer in school! And I hope I'll reply to this letter after five years, remind me if I forget




I was planning to write this post since November, but there were other posts which took its place! Now, finally I am going to write the much-awaited letter: A Letter to My Older Self. But before starting, I want to let you know that I had once written A Letter to My Younger Self. Be sure to check that out too! 

Should I start the letter now? Okay, I will 😉

To,
The twenty year old Gauri,
Perhaps some hostel,
India

6th January 2021

Dear Gauri,

This is me, more precisely your fourteen year old version. I am a school kid, currently doing the online class stuff. But what are you doing these days? Are you in an institute? Probably studying Computers? Whatever it is, I know that's something that you love. I know you would not compromise what you really like, just for making OTHERS happy. 

Anyways, I live in my flat-with beautiful facilities of TV, Fridge, Balcony, Plants, and of course my family. Where do you live? I think you are far from home and dreaming of the home! Is it so? I am feeling quite sad for that..

Well, do you still write on your blog? I don't know, but since we both are fickle-minded, I am quite sure you are no more into blogging. And if this is true, the first thing you will do is to reply this letter!! Then it's your choice if you restart blogging or not. 

However, I am attaching a pic of the blogger stats, in case if it reminds you of something! The page views as of now is 9.2k (I'm not boasting at all, but you know, a little bit😅)


Alright, so here's my next question: Are you still stupid and a little bit of nerd? Are you buried into books all day? Do you go shopping all alone? Wow, what all do you buy then?! Because when I go to shopping, I come back with chocolates, chips and pens-that's all. Maybe you buy something more exciting!

I think I am perhaps interviewing you instead of talking! But that must be okay, because what else can I talk about? I don't even know you that well Xx.

By the way, which is your hobby then? Mine is sketching, blogging, reading and things like this. Maybe your hobby is making programs! But I also guess that you make gorgeous sketches. But if not, then at least you might be making better than me! 

And how long are your hairs? You keep them short, or long-like I always wished for?! Also do you wear a pendant, or ring or something? I really love platinum jewellery, but once lost my pendant and never bought a new one again 😀

Too much of questions!! Sorry, but I can't tell how inquisitive I'm getting while talking to you! Okay, I'll stop here.. But final question: Are you happy with what you are doing? I want a 'yes' to this question, and if your reply is a 'no' , then what are you wanting? Do things that make you happy. Don't pressurize yourself for anything Gauri. 

I know I'm too small to give you an advice, but anyways- you are me! And I don't want myself to be sad in future! Be happy, be proud, be stupid, be cool 💗


With lots of Love and Hugs and Kisses,
Gauri,
The fourteen-year-old kid (who thinks she is already grown up)

So that was the letter for my older self, and I was almost in nostalgia while writing it. I was thinking that what will I reply when I grow up. And it was definitely so fun! If you have some time, I would really ask you to write one for your older self. Maybe you don't have so much time right now, so it's fine!

Well, what question would you ask to your older self? What will you expect your older self to do? Anything and everything like this, share in the comments! If you liked this letter, share it anywhere and everywhere you can! Maybe some people come and read this letter, and finally write one for them!

Cheers,

Gauri

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. This was an amazing idea!! I can't wait to see your response in 20 years!!! Hopefully, I will still be reading your blog posts by then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, this post is really a cool idea ;)

      Delete
  3. Woww it felt like you were interviewing a completely different person, but it's just you, to you :))
    this was really interesting post, i can't wait to see what 20 year old you would say :))
    (i hope i'll still be reading your blog in the next few years ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. that last comment was by me, btw. i forgot to type my name. oh, and i'm Evin @ A CURLY SUE'S RAMBLINGS
    I'm pretty sure you remember me ;)

    also, this was my comment in case your confused:
    Woww it felt like you were interviewing a completely different person, but it's just you, to you :))
    this was really interesting post, i can't wait to see what 20 year old you would say :))
    (i hope i'll still be reading your blog in the next few years ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, of course I remember you, in fact, I was just reading your post Crazy Cats!

      I think I would somewhat change by the time I'm twenty, so that "different person tone" came naturally ;) And yes, I too can't wait to know the reply of my 20 year old version! But that's like- SIX LONG YEARS later XD

      Delete
  5. I loved this post!! Awesome initiative🤩. Good job Gauri!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked this post! Thanks Maith :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! But positive vibes only😉