A Letter to my Younger Self

Hey Guys, I'm delighted that you found this blog! In this blog I wanted to do something different than usual. And perhaps it really is quite different (and odd), bcoz I am writing a letter to the younger version of me. Even though I know that I would NEVER get a reply to this letter; I still wanted to write it, I am just too much willing to do so!


I hope you have fun reading this letter:

[Start]

"Hey Gauri,

What's up?

I know you can't read this letter (bcoz you're still learning alphabets), but I wanted to write this anyways; and maybe mum can read this to you. You might first ask who I am; so let me introduce myself to you: I am the same you, but a bit older, and larger. You see, you're going to be 14 this year! And can you imagine, you're having your own blog in 2020! There are so many cool things going to happen to you in 10 years, but I won't be revealing it to you, let's keep it a suspense.

Anyways, how are you doing? Most probably you are busy making "I love you" cards for Teena Ma'am. Literally, you give her a card everyday?! Well, you'd see that when you've grown up a little,  you are not making cards anymore; because now I have shifted from Cards to "e-cards".

Gauri, you are a young and calm girl, which is the loveliest part of you. Being a four-year-old kid, you keep as quiet as possible; but me, I speak too much! I can't even imagine myself as quiet as you are!(sometimes, I stop speaking only after somebody asks me to shut up!!) 

I often miss those days when I was a kid (when I was you); I had no work burden or troubles in my life. I didn't even know what tension, anxiety or worry meant. Those days were really the best! Hey young girl, I want you to enjoy every bit of your age, every single bit! 

Remembering Childhood


Ok, let's change the mood and get a bit lively now; Gauri, I have a small questionnaire round for you: Can you tell what's your favourite cartoon? "Tom and Jerry", right? And your favourite subject is?  Yeah, I remember it, it's drawing. Well the funniest of your favourites is your favourite future-job: You want to become a preschool teacher, just for one reason: teachers get to eat candies on students' birthdays! lmao😆

Dear youngie, I feel pity on you for just one reason: You aren't allowed to grow your hairs... I know it is the saddest part of your life, because you've always wished for hairs like Rapunzel. But trust me, you can't handle long hairs, even at 14, you aren't handling your hairs so well!

And now I think I have talked more than enough with you Gauri, and I want to stop here. But wait!  I just wanted to warn you one thing: Do NOT agree to teachers when when they ask you to become the monitor of your class! Trust me, I've gone through it, it's the toughest job ever!! You have to keep running throughout the day and even then, the teachers would be unsatisfied with your work. You won't be appreciated and all your efforts would go waste; because your classmates will never follow your orders!

Well, I have already talked too much and therefore I am ending this letter now. I hope you are keeping well and are acing in your school. And how are your friends? Guess everyone is doing good. Let me say hi to mom, dad, granny, grandpa and bro... Okay, bye!


With lots of love and cuddles,

The Bigger You"

[The End]


I hope reading this letter was a great experience for you (or maybe you just scrolled to the bottom, it's ok anyways). But for me, it was really a  refreshing trip down the memory lane, and I felt as if I've gone back in the past. 

Guys, I just thought if I could ask for a favour: could you pass this blog on to your friends so that they could also feel it? Maybe one share of this post can let many others to feel their beautiful past. I know most people would just ignore it, but there are the better ones who will definitely share it, maybe on facebook, or somewhere else; because they want everyone else to enjoy their memories too.


Thanks,

Gauri

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow, what a nice letter! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this was so cute!!
    idk if this question makes sense but : how will your younger self read this? like your fourteen and you can't go back in time-
    okay i'm gonna stop there maybe my brain ain't working the right way xD
    Evin @ A Curly Sue's Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your question absolutely make sense Evin, but you know, I wrote this thinking something else: There might be another Gauri, probably in another universe or galaxy, and younger than the milky-way version!

      That's where it goes a bit silly, but interesting at the same time ;))

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! But positive vibes only😉