My Fitness Routine

Hey Guys, I'm delighted that you found this blog! I thought to share my fitness routine with your today. Well, I am not a diet or workout freak, so my fitness routine is also quite "relaxed". I manage to workout about 5-6 times a week. Just to tell, I can't do the same exercises for long; so I change them nearly every month. 


Currently, I am doing the abs and lower body workouts. I am doing them not with the aim of "losing" some fat, but I'm doing them for "not gaining" any more fat. That's because I've experienced that I have never EVER become slender by working out- I'm always the big, muscular guy. But if I were to stop doing exercises, believe me, I would gain 2-3 kilos in a single week! And that's what pushes me to keep going.

This was a brief introduction for this post. Below this paragraph, you'll be reading my daily diet, workouts I do and maybe some links to youtube. 

Just a little disclaimer before starting: I am not promoting the idea of losing weight or anything else in this post. It's just a sort-of my opinions over fitness. Don't consider all the things in here to be a medical advice, they aren't! If you'd follow this routine, make sure it isn't unhealthy for your body. 

That was it. Now go ahead!

What I eat:

My typical diet is the "desi indian meal" comprising dal, chawal, roti and sabzi  (lentils, rice, chapatis, and vegetables). I'm not a big fan of these, but this is my normal lunch and dinner. In the breakfast, I eat sprouts, milk and then some curd-chapati.

It might sound a healthy diet till now, but it's not the end! I'm a BIG foodie and my stomach ALWAYS has some space reserved for junk food! No matter how much I've eaten that day, I'm always ready to grab a slice pizza or baby corn. Well, I ordered some baby corn today too!

Eating Pizza

And as my tea-time snacks, I prefer biscuits and namkeen along with half-a-cup of tea. 

Before sleeping, I drink some haldi-doodh (turmeric-milk) and kaadha (an ayurvedic drink). Well, I told about this in my post How I Relax After a Long Day, so I'm just repeating the same line.

So, this is what I eat everyday. I really don't prefer counting calories because it won't let me eat upto my will! 


My Workout Routine:

I wake up at 8, and the first thing I do after brushing is Surya Namaskar. Basically, Surya Namaskar is a series of postures which you have to keep changing with the rhythm of your breath. This yoga, which can last 5 to 10 minutes as per the choice, is beneficial in getting some flexibility. 

I have inculcated Surya Namaskar ever since I took the 30-day Split Challenge. Of course it's not enough stretching in itself, but I consider it a sort-of warm-up before the main stretching.


Surya Namaskar


After my 5-minute warm up with Surya Namaskar, I do some stretches following this video on YouTube: Splits Stretch Flexibility Workout. Finally, I do Momomi's Arms Workout (again from Youtube).

This ends my morning routine of workout. It is just half-an-hour in total, so I'm free by 8:30 in the morning.

The next workouts I do are in the evening at 8 pm. Well, there's no scientific reason for doing workouts every 12 hours, but somehow I 'like' doing exercises at 8 pm.

In the evening, I do a Blogilates Thigh Workout, which really burns! But Cassey (the owner of blogilates channel) keeps talking throughout the video, and it keeps me engaged. This thigh workout is really great and it has been very effective. It's PERFECT!

After the 10 minutes of thigh workouts, I move on to Chloe Ting's most popular video (with 256 Million views till now): Get Abs in 2 WEEKS. This video is for Abs workout, as the name suggests and it's 10 minutes long as well. It burns a LOT LOT LOT while doing this workout!


Workouts


 But the results are great too. Honestly saying, I didn't get abs yet, but that's not a problem. I know how chubby I was before doing any workouts!

And by 8:30 pm, I'm FINALLY free from my day's workout routine. I feel really relieved after doing the last workout of Chloe: It seems to be the happiest moment of the day!


The Conclusion:

Okay, so I'm not a fitness-freak, but this pandemic has forced me to do workouts. And they aren't that bad, until you're feeling unmotivated. I've also felt this sometimes, and stopped working out for days. But then my belly becomes rounder and I've to start again!

Well, do you also like working out? If yes, then what form of workout (Pilates, Cardio, HIIT etc.) do you like doing? Are you also doing the "Chloe Ting Challenge? 

Well, I would really enjoy reading your replies, so make sure to drop a comment below. And share this post if you liked it!

Cheers, 

Gauri

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I would love to hear from you! But positive vibes only😉