The Most Epic Failures of my Life

Hey guys, I'm thrilled that you found my blog! Today, I wanted to share some of the biggest failures I have seen in my life so far. Definitely I am quite young to say that (13 years, if you did not know), but FAILURE HAS THE SAME MEANING no matter the age.


I have never wanted less than victory, and I do get that sometimes. But more often than not, I have also seen rejections, disapprovals, and what I say 'failures' in my life. 


failures made me sad


PS: In case you are thinking that I am writing all this out of depression, don't worry dear, everything is fine this side 😉. In fact, I am glad to share all things with you!

Let just start now, with my "list of failures"... 


1. I could not win the Champions Trophy

In our school, Champions Trophy is awarded to the student, who performs excellent in athletics and sports. I was highly ambitious for getting that. But there was one obstacle I could not overcome to fulfill my dream... 

I remember the day when I participated in the race competition; it was this very year in January, when our school's sports day took place. I was excited yet nervous. 

It was the 24th of January, my one and only chance to get the Champions Trophy. I had practiced running for months; I ran about a kilometre everyday in the chilly winter of December. I was getting faster, stronger and improving day by day. But there was one girl always ahead of me. 

I could have been a challenge for her, however, I was slower no matter what... When the 200m race started, I realised that I am not gonna get the trophy today. She was way too fast! 

But I had practiced for so long, would that go waste? Yes all those efforts did not pay much. It was a failure I was very sad about, but I had got a silver medal too, and that kept me up.

2. The 'two marks' which held me back

The heading might sound quite exaggerating, but a few years back, I really bothered about every single marks I lost. This story is from four years back, and that time, I was just too concerned for getting 100% at all places (never got 100% though!). 

Ok, so I had participated in a Talent Search Olympiad in fourth standard and was really wishing to score good in it. (Reason for participation? I was attracted to it mostly because of the amazing prizes that winners would get! I wished to get a Tablet and a Scholarship too.)

When I gave the first level of it, I could correctly answer almost all the questions. Then I was qualified for the final round. Here, the questions were from the same syllabus, but were slightly harder than before. It was a chance for me to get 75 out of 75, because I knew answers of all the questions. But, I had become so nervous at the time of exam, that I answered two questions wrong. (The degree of my silliness : In one of the questions, I answered that wings are used for breathing!)


A beautiful bird



Ok, so two marks don't matter much, right? Well, when the results were announced, I got 73 (out of 75) and the topper (who must have got a Tablet) got 75! Two marks matter! I was awarded the 26th rank in India, and given a set of CD-Encyclopaedia (which I hardly ever opened). 

I was happy with my result, but imagine losing the National Rank-1 by just 2 marks! Uff! Moreover, the two questions which I did wrong were from the workbook I was preparing the exam!

3. I was disqualified before the Final Level

I had participated in a National Spell Bee competition through my school. It had four different levels, which finally lead to the Grand Finale. For getting qualified for the grand finale, I had to first learn ALL WORDS POSSIBLE (I also had to remember the idioms, synonyms, antonyms, homophones and one word substitutions). 

All these might not sound that hard, but they were definitely tough for me, bcoz I was just a third-grader then! Anyways, I was still trying to learn as much as possible; I would spend my maximum free time in learning all the stuff I could; for example, I would be learning words, their meaning, synonyms and antonyms.

I was an average student in English, but I was still able to qualify up to the fourth level of the competition (great!). But the Finale was just terrible! For the pre-finale level, I was asked to learn not only the words, but also their phonetic symbols! 

What's phonetic symbol: Phonetic Symbol indicates the way to correctly pronounce a word.

Where to find a phonetic symbol: Whenever you search the meaning of any word on Google, it shows the phonetic symbol of the word just below the word, in light grey color)



Phonetic Symbol




When I first saw the phonetic symbols in the study materials I got, I felt blank., I thought it was another language! I was hardly able to understand all this in third standard... 

But during the exam, I managed to spell out some of the words by seeing their phonetic symbol (of course I had practiced a bit!). But I did one silly mistake: when I was asked the meaning of the word "scripture", an already-nervous me replied: "it is a drawing drawn by old people" (lmao😆) 

And the same way, I lost some more marks. This was my exit from the competition... I got 13th rank in my state, which definitely made me glad, but soon I realised that only the top-10 made to the finals! What a luck!

That day, I was feeling so blue, I could hardly focus on anything else. But I was a kid that time! As of today, I think it was better that I didn't qualify, or else, I had to learn all the boring stuff so much more!


The Conclusion

Ok, so this was all wanted to write for today. I am more than happy if you liked this post. And if you read the whole of it, wow! 

What failures did you face in your lyf? How did you overcome them? If you are ok to share them, please do so. I would love to read it in the comment box!

And one more question (which you might feel bored to answer) : How are you spending your corona lockdown? I have shared my lockdown story in this post : My Experience In Lockdown. So, I told about mine, and now, I would love to hear your stories too. I'm waiting!


Alright, I would now say bye-bye to you, and wish everything is fine your side. Be safe. 

Cheers, 

Gauri

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I would love to hear from you! But positive vibes only😉