Things I Took for Granted... Until NOW

Hey Guys, welcome back to my blog! Today, I wanted to write something VERY positive, so I thought of this topic: I'll write the things that I'm thankful for. Now while writing this post, I also realised that I didn't pay much attention to these gifts before. I mean, I NEVER felt I was lucky or special or gifted in some way...


But after this post, I felt glad to see that I REALLY AM GIFTED! Well, you all are gifted and lucky too; if you too didn't realize this till now, read this post and find out!



I am writing this post in two sections, first: I'll write about twenty COMMON things which I now realise are special. Then, there's a twist : After twenty common things, I'll write ten CRAZY things I'm thankful for. Isn't it fun? But please keep up the suspense, don't scroll down right away😉

Twenty Things That I Am Grateful For
  1. I am grateful because I got a chance to live a human life on earth. 
  2. I am very grateful because I saw the sunrise today, it means that I got another day to live. 

  1. I have a place to rest, a cozy bed and shelter- but not all enjoy these gifts. 
  2. I get to eat daily and whenever I want to. It means I am among the lucky ones who do not have to starve before the next diet. 
  3. I don't have to walk miles to get water. I am grateful for the 24×7 water supply. 
  4. I am lucky that I get to breathe fresh air every instance for free. 
  5. I am grateful to my parents, who sometimes scold me to show their love. 
  6. I am grateful to my teachers, who no matter how tired they are, solve my doubts whenever I have one. 
  7. I have books to study. I feel so lucky to get education in a good school. 


  1. I am grateful for the little plant garden I own in my flat. It has taught me to rejoice every small moment (my lemon seeds sprout yesterday:))
  2. I am grateful that I get the chance to feed birds every morning. It is like God is giving me a chance to help other creatures. 
  3. I am very grateful to have friends who brought my life to full colour. Without them it would have been black and white
  4. I am grateful to have the opportunity to attend online classes. Internet ditches sometimes, but it still enables me to study. 
  5. I am grateful for all the social workers who help us everyday. The fruit sellers, shopkeepers and guards- each of whom risk their lives every day and work for our welfare. 
  6. I am very grateful for the mistakes I have ever done. They've taught me what is right and what is not. 
  7. I am grateful to those who got better grades than me. They made me realise that I am not at the top of this world. 
  8. I am grateful to have a study space, where I can read peacefully (and write this post as a draft in my notebook). 


  1. I am grateful that I have survived the COVID 19 pandemic for one year straight, and did not have shortage of essentials during crisis. 
  2. I am grateful to all the people who appreciated me even once in my life. They have encouraged me and given me the fuel to progress. 
  3. I am very grateful to all my followers, who have showed affection and support to me in blogging.

Ten Unique Things I Am Grateful For

This was probably what you were waiting for, right? Well, I WAS WAITING FOR IT TOO! I will be listing ten unique (or crazy if i should call) things I am really grateful for. Here we go:

    I am grateful to:

    1. Newton: For creating easy laws, which I am able to understand! (Actually, I also want to mention Mr. Einstein here, because HE made me realize that Newton's laws were easier😆)
    2. Sanitizer: For giving me an inner satisfaction that I am safe (although the product I own might be only colour dissolved in scented water!)
    3. Ludo: For letting me waste utilize my free time in lockdown
    4. My handwriting: Although I don't like it, but it has helped me gather some 'good and stars' in my notebooks!
    5. 3XL Clothes: For making me feel I'm slim even when I'm not😉
    6. Chocolates: For immediately changing my mood when I'm about to cry🍫🍫
    7. Rubber band: For holding my unruly hairs at one place!
    8. Youtube: For teaching me how to do the splits....
    9. Internet: For connecting me with the world in this 'online' era :-)
    10. My blog: For helping me improve writing and communication skills and knowing there's an e-world on earth itself!

    The End

    So that was a looooooonggg list of things, right? But now, it's done-Are these the ONLY things I'm grateful for? Yeah! Probably I didn't forget something meanwhile, as this post took a big 5 days to be compiled✨

    Also, I am happy this post had so many images, let's see if there are a lot of comments too?! What are YOU grateful for? Tell me in the comments box about everything :)

    Wow, time to say goodbye. No, it's see you soon, actually ;)

    Cheers,

    Gauri

    You Might Also Like

    5 comments

    1. Nice post Gauri and Quantum Physics of Albert Einstein is too hard.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! MAybe-Maybe, bcoz I tried reading some book of his and realized why people wanted his brain!!

        Delete
    2. Awesome post Gauri! It was gracious yet light hearted! Loved your optimism which was exemplified beautifully in this post <3
      Have a great day! 😀

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! Have a fantAbulous day Maith!

        Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete

    I would love to hear from you! But positive vibes only😉