My Favourite Books of All Time

Hey Guys, I'm delighted that you found this blog! This time, I'm a bit late than my normal routine (I always post every third day, but today is the fifth day from my last post). The reason isn't that I became lazy this time. Actually, I was writing this post, but it was going to be long, and I had to spend nearly six hours in editing it.  And that's a big deal time for a school-going teen, who has got tests the next week!


Bitmoji with books

Okay, so now, when I have happily written it, I am posting it. This post has 1500+ words, so make sure you have atleast 20 minutes of reading time (speed-readers, any?) Let's (formally) start this post: 

Do you like reading novels and storybooks? I love them too! Despite the fact that some super-long books can't keep my attention, I still like reading them whenever I get time. Certainly these books aren't from the school course; and that's why, when my school tests begin, I have to skip reading other books. 

Anyways, I enjoy certain books so much, that I can't skip them for even one week! And today, I'll be telling you about all those favourite books of mine.(and maybe give you the spoilers you didn't need!) 


Okay guys, now, I must list my all-time-favourite books, which is the objective of this post.

Books, their classification and their authors:


Brief Detail with Remarks*

*PS: All the books which I'm describing below are my personal opinions. Please do NOT consider my opinions as any advice for yourself! I'm sharing just my personal experience in this post. There might be books you don't like at all, so that's just a difference in choice.


1. Story Books :
  • The Geronimo Stilton Series by Elisabetta Dami
I've read quite a lot Geronimo Stilton books so far, and it is really engaging and fun. My most-read books are the Secret of Cacklefur Castle and Meet Me in Horrorwood, which I've read thrice each. Talking about the story, each book would take you to an adventure of Geronimo, the mouse-cum-newspaper-editor of his town. The book took me so deep into it that I was always thinking what happened next. Moreover, the book is so colourful with vibrant new mouse-words, like 'fabumouse', 'New Mouse City', and so on. And these add to its fun! Visually attractive with excellent stories, it is a must-read for kids (and teens, if they didn't read yet)

  • The Magic of the Lost Temple by Sudha K Murthy
This story (or perhaps I should say 'this long-story') was what I read just a year before. It is thrilling and mysterious to some extent, and is just fit for children and young teens (like me!). In this story You will meet a girl, who, has gone to her granny in her holidays, and she encounters strange things in her granny's village. She, along with some friends, discovers a "hidden temple" from beneath.

In the beginning, it seemed to be a non-fiction novel to me, but as pages turned by, it became much of a fiction book, and I loved that! Highly recommended if you have got good deal time for reading and are less than 16 (you might not enjoy it so much at this age). This book is written by Sudha Murthy, one of my most-read books' author.

If you didn't know Sudha Murthy, probably you are living under a rock because she is such a famous author! Apart from being an amazing author as well as social worker, she is also an Indian engineering teacher. She is also the Chairperson of the Infosys Foundation.and wife of Infosys co-founder Mr. Narayan Murthy.

2. Science and Environment:

  • Planet in Peril by Anita Ganeri
Written in bright colours and eye-catching format, Planet in Peril taught me far more than what my Environmental Studies book ever taught. It made me too motivated to save earth and go-green, and I was only thinking 'green' everywhere. 

It is filled with extraordinary information which might fill you with awe, and might get you thinking about the environment all at once. It is written chapter-wise, and is most suitable for 18 below (18 aboves might enjoy it still).

While reading this book Planet in Peril, at some point, you might feel as if the world might end due to pollution, while at others, you would get sure that the world is getting better. So, it is overall an excellent source for knowledge and not boring at the same time.
  • Brief Answers to Big Questions by Stephen Hawking

This book unveils the mystery of the universe to some extent and if you are above 16, you might just love it! Because smaller kids and teens like me would not get that well and also, it has certain things only physics-lovers would enjoy more. 

I bought a copy of this book last year, when I was in 7th grade. After reading some pages of this book, I realised that I won't be able to complete reading it. Reason is simple: I don't understand any of the chapters well! It is a cosmos-related science book, written by one of the greatest physicists of 21st century, Mr Stephen W Hawking. 

But that also means that you have to have enough knowledge before starting to read this book (although this book does not include any formula except e=mc2 but still I got confused in some terms). 

Well, it would still be good source of knowledge, if you are interested in space and astronomy. So go ahead! It's gonna drive you crazy (and make you smarter than others!!)


3. Selp-help:

  • The Secret by Rhonda Byrne

Perhaps the best self-help book I've read so far, it has the capacity to drive its readers into a new, positive, and brighter world. The chapters of this books are all extraordinarily written, which would have a deep impact on you.

Not so hard to read and understand, it is suitable for all those who are willing to read (and understand) it. Moreover, it has its own aura, which has the capacity to fill you with every form of happiness you ever wanted. This is amazing! And an important line from the book : 'You hold in your hands the biggest secret' drives me crazy to read all of it.

What is an important aspect of this book is that, to me, this book seems so 'perfect' and I can't think of a more perfect book than this one. Must-read!

  • The Art of Being a Brilliant Teenager by Andy Whittaker, Andrew Cope, Darrell Woodman
This book would surely helped me get more motivated, and focused about my life. It has been extraordinarily written and is hard to stop reading, once I start one chapter of it. Amy Bradley (the illustrator) has done a wonderful job, by putting down all her creativity in this book; all the vibrant cartoons, colors and bold words helped me not to feel overwhelmed at all while reading this book.

As the name suggests, this book is mainly for teens and tweens. It is truly the most engrossing book I've read till now. (How much engrossing? Even if I want to read just two pages of it, I won't be able to stop reading until I've read over twenty pages!) This book is very colourful, to-the-point and I would give it 100/100 in terms of usefulness. If you read it well enough, it can really make you Brilliant! The title in itself coaxed to buy this from a book fair. And no clickbait, it really made me less dumb than before!

  • What Are You Hungry For by Deepak Chopra
If you are willing for a healthier lifestyle, and a slim body (without exercising much), then this book is for you! This book is not a dieting book (I mean this book does not tell you about daily food intake, calorie intake blah, blah). Neither does it have a list of exercises for getting a flat belly. All what it is is that it would tell you the 'key to ultimate weight loss'

Truly, it might help you get a feeling of optimism, happiness and content which would finally, help you improve the 'mind-body connection' (the words in italics are not mine, I said what's written in the book)

Overall a great book, most suitable for adults (because teens like me might find it boring). Anyways, reading this book won't be so boring if you've got will and are wishing to become a better version of yourself. Good, anyways. Also its author is very renowned, so getting a copy of this book is great.


The End:

Well, I am a fan of all those authors, who use "not-so-hard" words in their books. Let me tell you, back in class 5, I always kept a dictionary beside while reading any book (and opened it probably every ten seconds!) But now, things have got easier (maybe I've started reading the easier books!)

Hope you got some benefit from this post, tell me if you really did. What books from the above list have you read so far? What are you planning to read this year? What is your opinion for the above books? 

All these questions will keep going in my head, until you answer them in the comment box. So, do your bit by dropping a comment down here (I will try my best to reply). Thanks, that's all for today, stay tuned, SUBSCRIBE if you haven't already (I know you haven't!) 

Bye!

Gauri

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. hi even i love reading books by Sudha Murty, i like your blog
    i'm a blogger too, this is my blog
    https://catastrophicteenagelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Gunneka, we have some similar choices! Gonna check your blog out! xD

      Delete
    2. would you be interested in a collab? if yes then there's more info on my blog
      https://catastrophicteenagelife.blogspot.com/
      -Gunneka

      Delete
  2. Ah yes! I love these books! Geronimo Stilton and Sudha Murty's books are some of my favourites. You've got a lovely blog theme too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maya for the compliment.. Your blog is beautiful too!

      Delete
  3. Hi Gauri! I like all your posts which are just amazing🤩. I liked this one too and wanna tell you that you're a hardworking girl. By the way I would like to read "The Magic of the Lost Temple" and I hope I will like the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks a lot for all that love! Yes, The Magic of The Lost Temple is just too fascinating, especially for tweens and teens..

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! But positive vibes only😉